How to get started with reporting in the online Royalties Portal.
- Gather your customer/end user data
- Download the report template from the Royalties Portal
- Complete the report with your end user/customer data
- Upload the finalized report in the Royalties Portal
1) Gathering Data
Some important notes to keep in mind while gathering your data in preparation for reporting:
- You will be reporting your end user/customer name, location information, and Units of Licensure (i.e. Users, Billing Providers times Proxy Model factor, Weighted Patient Interactions). Your license agreement lists your specific products and units of licensure in Schedule A-1.
- Our system will be applying the royalty rate and calculating the royalties owed.
- You should not be reporting dollar amounts (unless you are under an agreement that specifically lists percent of sales as your unit of licensure) and you should not include any calculations on your final report.
- You should report each end user/customer once per calendar year. Your first report of each year should include all current end user/customers. Each subsequent report for that year should include any net new end user/customers that were not reported earlier in the year.
2) Download the report template from the Royalties Portal
Always download a new template, do not use an old report template from a previous reporting period.
Visit the Reports Section, identify the period for which you are reporting.
Click on View Details. When the page loads, click on “Download Template.”
If you do not specify a download destination, you should be able to find it in your Downloads folder.
Please keep the filename as it is listed upon download.
3) Completing the report with your end user/customer data
This top section lists your organization, contract ID and the reporting period. Do not alter any of this information or it will create an error upon upload attempt.
Moving down, you will see the section in Red called the Rights section. This information should remain unaltered as well. When you are adding rows to include more end users, you will copy and paste this exact information into the additional rows
The End-User Customer section is where you will copy and paste from your data source.
- You must include City, State and Country Data. State and Country should be listed using two-character abbreviations.
- The fields with an asterisk are not required. We understand that not all organizations have a Parent Organization and you may not use unique identifiers
Copy and paste the end users’ locations and units of licensure onto the report.
In the example case below, the end users are using AMA content within two products, so you will see these same users listed twice.
Once users are listed on multiple rows, copy and paste the cells in the “Rights” section to each applicable row.
NOTE: Please do not add any rows or columns with calculations.
4) Upload the finalized report in the Royalties Portal
Go back to the Reports Section of the Royalties Portal.
Find the period that are you are uploading a report for and click on “View Details”
When the page loads, Click on “Submit Report”
Click on “Choose File” and select the file that you have saved. Make sure it is for the correct period and the name is the same as the Template downloaded with your contract ID and period end date.
Check the box that you confirm the accuracy of the report to the best of your knowledge.
Click on “Submit”
If the report is accepted, you will receive a pop-up box saying success!
Click on “View all Reports,” to see a history of upload attempts for this period.
- A green check mark means that upload was successful.
- A red X means there was an error message.
You can also download the report if you would like to review it or send to a colleague or to our Operations team with questions.
If there is an error in the upload, you will get an error message pop-up. Please be sure to download and open the error log. It will list the reason or reasons that an error was triggered.
If you receive an error when trying to upload, please save the Error Log file and/or copy the text so that we can determine what the issue is.
If you have an issue submitting/uploading the report, please submit a Current Distribution Licensee Help Request. Include the error log and report with your help request and a team member will respond to help.
- The royalty fees are calculated in our system based on the information that you provide.
- Once the report is submitted, the balance due does not instantly appear. Each report is processed and reviewed for accuracy. We recommend visiting the Royalties Portal 4-5 business days after report submission to see the balance due.
- Please do not submit any payments until confirming the balance due and making sure the amount due matches your expectations.
- Reminder, AMA no longer accepts paper checks for payment of CPT royalties.